EM Services is a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) that provides integrated procurement solutions for MRO, indirect supplies, services, and equipment.
Our work began in 1993. We leverage our network of trusted distributors to provide companies large and small with quality products, competitive pricing, responsive service, onsite training, and support.
To be the integrated network admired for successfully connecting people, process and business!
As a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) we celebrate the spirit of diversity. Similarly, it is a common thread woven throughout our team, our customers, and our vendor partners. Therefore, such a commitment throughout our network results in better solutions for our customers, better work environments for our teams and better opportunities for the communities we serve.
We embrace the true value of integration. In other words, we are committed to helping our customers streamline the current procurement process, reduce overall costs and increase profitability.
What We Stand For (our DNA)
- Resilience: The courage to continuously evolve and adapt, to stay relevant to our team, our customers and our distribution partners.
- Integrity: Always doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Loyalty: Dedication to everyone we work with and the purpose we serve.
- Service: Customers determine our journey. They outline the guiding principles and the definition of service.
- Value: If we are not adding value, we are not focused on the right things.
- Partnership: There is nothing more valuable than the people you work with and the team and culture that becomes part of who you are.
Meet Our Team
We are dedicated to outstanding customer service. Above all, our customers’ needs are at the center of our decision-making process. Our team is highly skilled in strategic sourcing. Therefore, our experience combined with our superior supplier network makes us the leader in integrated procurement.
About the Owner
Laura Hopson is the President and CEO of EM Services, LLC. As a minority business owner, she is excited to embrace the true meaning of minority business development. Her focus not only is to help her customers streamline their current procurement processes and platforms but to help build a community network of businesses, so they can collaborate on new business ventures and opportunities.
Laura brings to the Michigan business community nearly 30 years of expertise stretching across manufacturing, sales, marketing, and management. Professionally, her focus on transforming brands, marketing, and people, has resulted in a number of great accomplishments over her career. In addition to leading the team at EM Services, Laura also serves as a supply chain consultant, lending expertise across the source to pay continuum. Other areas of expertise include supply chain development and supply chain financing.
Outside of work, Laura spends time focusing on mentoring young professionals and business leaders. She has frequently been a speaker at Grand Valley State University for supply chain students, spoken at supply chain conferences, and served as a mentor for both the MBE (MMSDC) and WBE (WBENC) certifying agencies in her region.
For the last 15 years, she has been an active member on numerous West Michigan community and professional boards. While on many of these organizational boards she has assumed a variety of leadership roles and responsibilities. Laura currently serves as Co-Chair of the Metro Health | University of Michigan Health Hospital Board and the GVSU Seidman College of Business Supply Chain Advisory Council. She has also supported other health-oriented initiatives through her leadership as Board Chair for the American Heart Association Heart Walk and a Board Member of the American Diabetes Association as well.
After graduating from high school in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Laura obtained her bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Michigan and her Master of Business Administration in Marketing and Finance from Western Michigan University.
President & CEO
Vice President of Operations
Vice President of National Accounts
Supply Chain Service Manager
PURCHASING AND ACCOUNTING INTERN
PURCHASING AND DIVERSITY RELATIONS MARKETING SPECIALIST
Phone: (800) 655-5053
Diversity & Inclusion | Living Our values
At EM Services, we aim to grow a network people and businesses that not only reflect the essence of our core values, but also the communities in which we live. We are on a journey. With the support of our employees, our partners, our customers and our communities, we aspire to put one more piece of the mosaic puzzle in place.
Our Diversity Goals | the backdrop for the decisions we make each and every day
- Employees & Staff– At least 50% of our staff shall be women or minority.
- Supplier Development – At least 15% of our overall spend shall be with women or minority owned companies.
- Community Service – EM Services internship program. The initiative is designed to build a pipeline of highly-qualified women and diverse candidates from colleges and universities around the state of Michigan. Students selected for the program will gain a meaningful and challenging internship experience. At the end of the year long program, students could earn an offer of employment at the conclusion of the program.
- Diversity & Inclusion Training – All employees shall attend diversity and inclusion training.
MOTION CONTROL, INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES, PPE, POWER & BEARINGS, ELECTRICAL, PIPES & VALVES, FILTRATION, FURNITURE, TECHNOLOGY, PACKAGING
Consolidation & Standardization, Vending, Warranty & Repair, Bar Coding, Kitting, Training & more
Here's how we successfully
connect people, process,
Aviation, Automotive, Furniture, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing
Our superior network
of suppliers links you
to endless possibilities.
Explore Our Stories
Learn how we have helped
companies like yours improve
processes and costs.